I wrote this article in 2011. It seems relevant to this year so here is it again .
Alone on Valentine’s day
February – the month of love. If you “believe” in Valentine’s Day or not, all the hype around it, all the shops with their red-themed displays… it can’t be ignored.
Maybe you say you are not interested in all the commercialism, the higher prices of flowers, restaurants, jewellery etc. But what does all this mean inside your head, inside your heart?
I could fill pages with different thoughts that people might and do have regarding Valentine’s Day and love in general.
But… to save you reading through pages and pages, here are a few set-ups and reminders you can try.
Choose the one/s that seem relevant to you or edit them to fit.
So you are all alone – same as last year and the year before… but this year why not try tapping to help release those negative feelings?
- Even though I am all alone again, I accept myself right now
- Even though it’s the same every year, I accept myself where I am right now
- Even though I vowed last year that this year would be different and it’s not, I accept myself where I am anyway
EB: all alone again
OE: all alone again
UE: so what’s new
UN: all alone again
CH: all by myself
CB: how can I change it
UA: do I really want to change it
TOH: all alone again
… then see if you feel any differently about being alone again. Tap on what comes up.
Can’t express your feelings on Valentine’s day?
Or maybe this is more “you”…
How romantic to send our loved one/s cards, presents… whatever. Or not.
For some of us sending a card is the only way we can express our feelings… not a good thing if you are in a committed relationship. Yes cards are great – we are not all poets so finding the “special” card can be very satisfying.
But… how great would it be to be able to say what we feel to the one/s we love without any fear or embarrassment or any other negative emotion that just thinking about telling someone how you feel brings on?
Often we cannot say what we feel deep inside because we were ridiculed in an earlier part of our lives, or we allowed ourselves to feel hurt maybe our love interest laughed at us or we were told we were stupid to feel that way… or our love interest wasn’t interested in us and made it very plain.
Why allow those old feelings (writing on your walls in EFT speak) to colour the rest of your life?
Why not do a few minutes of tapping to help you feel easier about getting those thoughts out?
Try this or variations for a set up…
- Even though I have never been able to say what I feel, I accept myself where I am right now
- Even though I break out in a cold sweat at the thought of actually telling my loved one (insert wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, etc.) how I feel, I want to work through this
- Even though I am always tongue tied and don’t know the right words to use to tell my loved one how I feel about them, what if it was easy to do?
Then tap the reminder points using whatever words come into your head that are appropriate to how you are feeling. Take a deep breath and check your levels. Better?
If you need more information, then please contact Stuff Busters for help with EFT and or Matrix Reimprinting.